Mock Lawery's Seasoning
· 2 tablespoons salt
· 2 teaspoons sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika ( x8=4 tsp)
· 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (x8=2 tsp)
· 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (x8=2 tsp)
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (x8=2 tsp)
· 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch (x8=2tsp)
Here's another recipe that we have stolen and adapted. We make it in the x8 rations, using the original salt and sugar amounts to make it "healthier." Use a funnel to measure everything into a shaker container (like your old seasoning salt bottle that you just washed and dried!) Shake well each time you use it.
For more of a "steak" seasoning, use hand ground salt and peppercorns, and then add some (freshly ground) coriander, fennel, or other seasonings.